The main activity to which the EUC Sitio de Calahonda is dedicated is the maintenance of the urbanization. However, the office of the E.U.C. also provides other services that are detailed below.
Services provided through the community office
- Maintenance of public order and prevention of criminal acts by contracting a surveillance service (common areas). The security company also regulary informed us about faults, damage on common areas, state of the garden rubbish containers and other incidents.
- Reporting to the supplying companies and other agencies the incidents occurred in the urbanisation for which they are responsible.
- Management of receipts, preparation of reports, preparation of Assemblies, Minutes, management of defaulters, etc.
- Legal Advice of the Entity (Lawyer).
- Technical Advice of the Entity (Technical Architect).
- Representation and liaison of all owners facing different public and private organisations.
- Inform the residents of matters of common interest, as well as guidance and resolution of doubts regarding oficial bodies, supply companies, etc.
- Defend the interests of the owners in matters of general interest for the Urbanisation.
- Water and sanitation service through hiring a water company.
- Liability insurance for damages to third parties in the common areas of the urbanisation.
- Maintenance of the Calahonda EUC Facebook page and our website.
- Publication of the magazine “Calahonda Journal”
- Organisation of the “Calahonda Day” and other events.
- Request Mijas Town Hall to asphalt the streets of the urbanisation by municipal subsidy.
- Attend the public from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Report to the supply companies when their equipment has defaults.
- Small repairs.
- Maintenance and installation of urban furniture.
- Placement and maintenance of street signs as well as road signs.
- Cleaning of streets, drains and gutters (periodical sweeping and emptying litter bins).
- Report to the Town Hall any problem regarding all types of rubbish on the streets.
- Improvement of sidewalks.
- Monitoring of lampposts that aren’t working and reporting all the incidents to the Town Hall.
- Road marking paint on the streets of all kinds of traffic signs on the road (pedestrian crossings, lines, parking areas, stop, give way, etc.). Installing vertical road signs.
Parks, gardens and green areas
- Maintenance of green areas to avoid abandonment and prevent fires.
- Irrigation and care of gardens and parks.
- Preservation of the environment and replanting of indigenous trees.
- Pruning of palm trees and other trees when necessary.
- Fire protection plan, preparation and updating of an annual plan:
- Treatment against the procession caterpillar and other plagues.
- Maintenance of the Hermitage.
Garden pruning collection
- Collection and transportation to the landfill of the prunings, grass, rest of garden refuseof the owners of the Urbanisation from the collection points to the recycling plant.
- Building and maintenance of the garden rubbish containers.